Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

L'oreal Feria pastel toning conditioner - Lilac Review



As I'm naturally auburn/ginger my hair can sometimes bleach up with warm orange tones.  So I will normally tone my hair using Wella Koleston mixed with 20% peroxide...
But for the past couple of times, I have just used L'oreal Feria pastel toning conditioner in Lilac lavender after bleaching(as purple counteracts yellow/orange tones)


l'oreal feria pastel lilac results

Here is a picture from last bleach up after the lilac had washed out.  My roots are actually about 1/2" on this picture, so you can see from looking at the top of my head, that I ACTUALLY didnt need to tone with Wella Koleston :]
I do admit I should of maybe taken a better picture to show you guys though!




So inside the box you just get the normal things; instructions, gloves and the pastel conditioner;
Normally I just drop the gloves and use my hands but the L'oreal gloves are actually not too bad!
The colour of the lilac conditioner is a really pretty lilac/purple colour, that just smells amazing too;
I must admit I dont follow the instructions at all for this product.  After reading a few reviews I noticed a common trend with most people saying you get better results when applying this on dry hair (similar to Pravana Vivids).    
So when my hair is completely dry, I will empty two full tubes of the Lilac conditioner into a tint bowl and apply generously to my using a tint brush and will leave for around an hour...at least to develop! Plus a good thing is you don't need to worry about leaving this product on your hair as it acts as a toning conditioner, so wont do any damage to your hair!


  I must say I love this product as a 'toning conditioner' but that's it because if i was using it as an actual dye, I think I would be disappointed as it can be quite patchy in parts.  
What do you think of L'oreal Feria Pastel Toning conditioners or are you tempted to use it?

Love Kay!
xo

1 comment: