Pages

Sunday 5 June 2016

Tights made for the Summer - Pierre Mantoux Eclatant 40 - UK Tights




The sun is finally starting to shine here in the U.K, so why not kick off the 'British Summer Time'  by reviewing a pair of tights that glisten beautifully in the sun from UK Tights.  I must add that I have strong expectations of these tights, as many people have even compared them to Wolford Neon 40's!  Which, in my opinion is a BIG statement to make...



Pierre Mantoux is based in Italy and has one of the longest and richest histories of any brand in legwear.  They were founded in 1932 by Ottorino Giangrossi, a German silk importer.  Soon after, the whole family joined the company and still run it to this day. Generation after generation has learned the trade and gone on to make more exciting designs…

Pierre Mantoux Eclatant 40


Design and Material

How UK Tights describe them;     
  • Formerly Setificato 40
  • High shine
  • 40 denier
  • Sheer to the waist
  • Bi-elastic cotton gusset
  • Flat seams
  • Reinforced toes
  • Back panel in size XL 20 denier
"Lovers of Pierre Mantoux will remember the disappearance of one of their most popular designs, the Setificato.  This design was one of their most beautiful pairs of semi-opaque tights and one of the most popular designs we have ever sold.  But Pierre Mantoux, perfectionists to the last, wanted to make the design better, and Eclatant is the answer.  It is the spiritual successor of Setificato and a design with a number of improvements added, whilst still respecting its origins. Eclatant's first advantage is its sheen. Many people felt that Setificato's sheen wasn't all it could be, and Eclatant brings this to the design, with a rich lustre that is sumptuous without being garish or over the top.  The fabric is improved, the fit is reviewed and everthing else about this design has undergone subtle improvements. It is perhaps the best reinvention of a beloved design we have ever seen." 



The tights are 85% Nylon and 15% Lycra.


These tights are literally made for the summer!  They feel really breathable and light against your skin and you cannot deny the high shine as described by UK Tights; especially when the sun hits them!

Pierre Mantoux have packaged the tights extremely well; very similar to Wolford.  Although with the PM's you get a handy divider, which has a step-by-step guide of how you should apply the tights - this is extremely useful for anyone who may be inexperienced, or worry about applying them etc.  Although please be careful handling these tights, as I will explain;

  • They fit really comfortably - not much adjustment needed, nor no additional crinkly fabric anywhere.  
  • You can see the high quality in these tights and they literally feel like silk against your skin.
  • They shine is just oh so beautiful - definitely a head turner!
  • I also found that depending on how strong the sun was, depends on the colour of the tights - I even had people question whether they were the same tights on my Twitter account!
  • Although these are 40 denier; I found them to be just as delicate as 20 denier - possibly due the semi-sheerness of them.  So yes, I would advise you to ultra careful when wearing these; especially if you tend to wear your bag in a cross-body style, or have labels that are not very smooth on your clothes. (As prior to wearing the tights with a dress - I wore them with shorts and even the label of my shorts snagged them; I was devastated!)

As previously mentioned the knit is so fine and delicate, so you definitely need to wear hosiery gloves when applying these.


Sizing

This is my first time trying Pierre Mantoux tights and as UK Tights informed me, any of the Italian brands are great for petite girls like me.  So just FYI; I'm 5ft 4" and weigh 45kg so that definitely puts me within the 'small' category; 
I can confirm that I didn't have any issues with the sizing - they fitted me perfectly!  There was no random excess material gathering or having to pull them up throughout the day - which is is my pet hate with some brands a little on the larger size!



 

Colour and Price

The Eclatant tights are available in various colours; antracite (the colour I wore - which is a black/dark grey), sand or perla (grey/silver toned) and they cost £14.99! ❤ 



How to wear Pierre Mantoux's Eclatant Tights?


These tights are extremely versatile - not only have I wore them with a dress, I've also worn them with shorts and I wouldn't think twice about wearing them for work.  You can literally dress these up or down, and wear with any kind of footwear e.g. heels, boots, Converse etc.

Here are a few shots with shorts; 



These tights are extremely versatile - not only have I wore them with a dress, I've also worn them with shorts and I wouldn't think twice about wearing them for work.  You can literally dress these up or down, and wear with any kind of footwear e.g. heels, boots, Converse etc.

 

Verdict 

Now if you love shiny tights, then these are definitely for youThey glisten so beautifully in the sunshine, look stunning on your legs and in my opinion don't feel too heavy for a hot summer's day. Although you do have to be mindful of everything around you when wearing these, as they can snag so easily.  But hey that's no different to wearing any sheers for me.


I can safely say that these are a pair of tights that I would definitely reach for again; I really enjoy the versatility of them.  As often I find with other tights that they can dictate how you dress- whereas these can be worn dressed up, or down!


In regards to the comparison with Wolford Neon's - the PM's don't feel like 40 denier and I would treat them more like sheers.  They are perfect for Summer - not too heavy and give a beautiful reflective sheen (as some people can find the Wolford's too shiny).  Whereas the Wolford Neon 40's in my opinion are more like makeup for your legs -  Or as UK Tights describe them; camouflage for your legs - as they will literally disguise anything!





The tights were also a massive hit on my Instagram, so thanks everyone!


 You can purchase Pierre Mantoux's Eclatant Tights from UK Tights here; 


 

Dress: Tripp NYC    ||    Boots: Dr Martens    ||    Tights: Pierre Mantoux    ||     Bag: Saint Laurent Sac de Jour

6 comments:

  1. You look super cute in these tights ... in your black dress and DMs ... AND in shorts and Converses!! Very nice! And they do shine mighty strong! Are they as shiny in doors?

    Also, what do you think? How do they compare to Wolford Neon? Are they as good as Wolford Neon? (Are these 'people' right?).

    I have bought Pierre Mantoux in the past. The high denier are pretty awesome but (of the 2 pairs I bought), the folding in the packaging left the tights with a visible "crease" up the side and inside of each leg ... even after I tried them on! The 1 sheer pair of PMs I bought were very nice, but just like you, I think I laddered them the first time I wore them ... annoying because PMs are not cheap!

    For me, Pierre Mantoux are very good, but not as durable as Wolford (and some other brands ... like Trasparenze).

    Thanks for this review! Great as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment - I love it and I always enjoy hearing your thought, so thanks! ❤

      In regards to whether they're 'shiny' in doors - I would say that they appear more sheer indoors than shiny. It's only when you're outside that sun catches the delicate silk like knit, that they come into their own! So they're great for people who may want not that so shiny that it can blind you kind of look, haha!

      In regards to the comparison with Wolford Neon's - the PM's don't feel like 40 denier and I would treat them more like sheers. They are perfect for Summer - not too heavy and give a beautiful reflective sheen (as some people can find the Wolford's too shiny). Whereas the Wolford Neon 40's in my opinion are more like makeup for your legs and like ultra HD kind of shine :)

      That's devastating about the two pairs! Whenever this happens to me...I can't help but be in a slight mood for the day :')

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great review as always. They look so good on you. I will have to get some for myself Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review as always. They look so good on you. I will have to get some for myself Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these to same color just love them great article am going to get them in different colors

    ReplyDelete